To achieve our vision, we will:
- Provide a safe and happy environment for all students at KHS
- Set high expectations and consistently monitor standards
- Develop our staff across all subject areas
- Ensure outstanding teaching, learning and individual support
- Develop and enrich characteristics in all young people outside of their curriculum
- Offer a broad, challenging curriculum for all which supports successful progression to advanced level and beyond
- A clear focus on HE including Medical and Oxbridge pathways
- Actively promote amongst our boys and girls the Basketball and Football academies
- Nurture independence, resilience and joy for learning in all our students
- Provide first class facilities – a safe, challenging environment encouraging all students to strive to achieve their very best
- Support and respect all who we work with, and maintain close partnerships with families, schools and employers
This vision mirrors KHS values and these are based upon the belief that we are all deserving of respect and that as part of a wider community we are obliged to show respect and consideration to others. Regardless of our starting point or the events of our past we can all write our own future based on courtesy, respect, kindness, courage, ambition and resilience.
I wish you all the very best of luck in Year 11 and look forward to meeting you next year in Sixth Form.
Head of 6th Form